As long as I can remember, I have had art supplies at my fingertips. Watercolors, acrylics, paper, scissors, glue, etc.
I remember a summer day when my brother and I went to a nearby dry creek bed and hauled dried mud home and
carved sculptures from it.
My camps are for K-5th elementary school students, with the exception of the Dr. Seuss camp which includes 4 year olds. I love introducing kids to art and artists and especially love pairing art with a book. Every camp will have books paired with it for read alouds.
I am an elementary reading teacher so anytime I can get kids reading, I think it is a good thing!
Campers will be introduced to different media. Paints, pastels, collage and sculpture, and printmaking.
The focus changes every week but rest assured, your little artist will likely come home a little messy.
- We will be outside-under cover or in the open. Bring a snack, a water bottle and a smile.
- We have cats, dogs, chickens and a tortoise. Please let me know if there are any allergies. I have First Aid and CPR certification.
- Camps are $75. Cash, check or Square. I am 3 miles west of McMinnville. Directions will be e-mailed when you register.
- Camps are for K-5th grade, with the exception of the Dr. Seuss camp which includes 4 year-olds.
- Camps run from 9 a.m.-noon, usually Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Check the schedule as one camp is M,T,W.
- Camps will be held with 5 campers and capped at 10.
- Register Here!
Some of the projects campers can experience.
Art techniques are modified to accommodate the littlest artist to an older artist.